Sunday, January 4, 2009

3/365

In addition to this huge undertaking of Project 365, I have found an additional project: One Word. Check it out: http://aliedwards.typepad.com/.

So, to choose one word to focus on this year. Hmm... haven't picked one out yet, but there is an awesome list out there. I think us women are blessed to be able to evaulate ourselves like this. Nothing personal guys, but I don't think most men get this deep with their personal emotions. And to have communities like this to be able to grow as a human is incredible.

I can't decide what word to pick. I want something that gives me focus and a goal. I have done a lot of self-acualization and realization. I know who I am and basically what I want out of life. I am confident. I need to organize my life, but my biggest problem is procrastination. I need to un-procrastinate more and complete the wonderful projects that I have going on. I also need to simplify my life as much as possible.

I have made a wordle http://www.wordle.net/ of the list of words on Ali's blog so far. I had to combine a few, but it's an incredible list. Feel free to use as needed, just credit wordle if you do use it. This list of words is such an amazing summary of me and probably most women. As I read through the comments on Ali's page, I was surprised how many hit home. Who I was, who I am, and who I hope to be. In lieu of a yearly word, I have decided (yes I am crazy) that I will pick one word a day to focus on (yes, there are 365 of them). Today's word is HOME. Very appropriate, seeing as 1. I am home until Monday, 2. We are cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, 3. I got to go home last week and visit with my family up North.

Definition from thefreedictionary.com

Home n.
1. A place where one lives; a residence.
2. The physical structure within which one lives, such as a house or apartment.
3. A dwelling place together with the family or social unit that occupies it; a household.
4. a. An environment offering security and happiness. b. A valued place regarded as a refuge or place of origin.
5. The place, such as a country or town, where one was born or has lived for a long period.
6. The native habitat, as of a plant or animal.
7. The place where something is discovered, founded, developed, or promoted; a source.
8. A headquarters; a home base.

And a quote:
What is home?“A roof to keep out the rain? Four walls to keep out the wind? Floors to keep out the cold? Yes, but home is more than that. It is the laugh of a baby, the song of a mother, the strength of a father, warmth of loving hearts, lights from happy eyes, kindness, loyalty, comradeship. Home is first school and first church for young ones, where they learn what is right, what is good, and what is kind, where they go for comfort when they are hurt or sick; where joy is shared and sorrow eased; where fathers and mothers are respected and loved, where children are wanted; where the simplest food is good enough for kings because it is earned; where money is not as important as loving-kindness; where even the tea kettle sings from happiness. That is home. God bless it!” -Anon.

I think that sums it up for me. By the way, the wordle is my pic of the day as I spent several hours reading Ali's blog and making the pics. I will upload a link tomorrow with the wordles I made and the full list of words.
Till tomorrow~Michele

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Very cool, Michele! :P