Saturday, January 3, 2009

I'm dreaming of a white(?) Christmas...

Since I don't get a chance to post often, I get the wonderful opportunity to summarize the last two weeks in this post. So bear with me family and friends :)
Every year our work sponsors Breakfast with Santa. Here's the picture that I took at the Christmas tree. This is the goofy version of the Christmas cards we made this year (if you didn't get yours yet, look for it soon!) Next is opening presents at Rickey's mom's. For those who don't know, we have 4 grandchildren (from kid #1) in addition to our 5. Bubby was at his dad's this day, so he is missing from the pics. We had both sets of twins (ours and Derek's), Katie, and Jacob. Tell me we're not in trouble in a few years... 5 teenage girls and 2 teenage boys!
Next is off to mom's for Christmas. Lots of family visits and photo ops.
This is Brianna's expression opening Santa's gifts (a DS game and stylus). They didn't open the DS's yet, so it didn't completely dawn on them yet. Here is the actual discovery... Jacob playing with his Optimus Prime (or is it Rickey playing?)
My brother Brian with Kyan... Kyan with Jacob. This is what 5th percentile looks like compared to 95th percentile. They were due on the same day, but Kyan is three weeks older. My rocker Brianna with the Hannah Montana guitar (like Guitar Hero).
And my posers...
Jacob steering the reindeer in Mom's front yard. My stepfather George made all of the figures in the yard by hand. Next stop is Dad's house. Jacob got some one on one time with Dad and Kiara is showing off her talents again.
Saturday the 27th brought 70 degree weather. Where is my white Christmas? We've missed out on quite a bit of snow at Christmas, but it's always cold when we go up North. Dad was next door working on broken plumbing, so we got some extra time with him.
Some pictures by my lake... So hundreds of miles and a hugh box of toys later, we are back and doing some winter cleaning to get ready to get back to the grind. Hopefully 2009 will bring good health and fortune to us all. Happy New Year!
~Michele

No comments: